Our new and used book collection currently contains nearly 200,000 titles.
We cover over 100 categories including: undergraduate level literature, history, philosophy and military history; children’s literature (both contemporary and vintage); Canadiana, particularly Western Canada and 1st Nations History; Science Fiction and Fantasy; dozens of self-help subject areas, metaphysical and religious subjects; art, photography, crafts;gardening, do-it-yourself, automotive, woodworking; plus a host of non-fiction subjects ranging from biography and true crime to sports and music.
Teen Fantasy and Contemporary Novels
August 17, 2016
We have a large selection
New Arrivals (Teen + Adult Books)
August 17, 2016
Today we got a massive lo
May 10, 2016
We have recently received
Best-Sellers in Fiction and Non-Fiction
April 27, 2016
Our display tables are co
Youth and Teen New Arrivals
April 27, 2016
Hello everyone! Today we
Hemingway’s Book Store offers several methods of ordering books, the easiest being the online ordering system. You’ve already started the process, this is what you need to do next:
- Click the “Browse Books Now” button above; this will take you to our BookManager homepage.
- To browse the new titles we have in stock, as well as those we can order, enter the title, author, ISBN, or keyword for the book you are trying to find. Generally, titles we have in stock and any not-yet-published titles matching your search criteria will appear first. Older matches will be listed later, including some that may be out of print.
- To order online, you will first need to create an account. Click the “I’m New” option in the Login box on the top right corner of your screen. You will need to enter your email address, whereupon a confirmation email will be sent to the address you provide; this may take a couple of minutes. To activate the account, click on the link in this email. You will be asked to enter a password, name and phone number. Once you have filled in the information and clicked “submit info”, your account will be active.
- To order a book, follow step 2 above to browse, locate the title and edition that you want, then click ‘add to cart’. If you need multiple copies, simply type the number you need before adding it to your cart. You can continue to browse and add as many items as you want to your cart.
- When you wish to ‘checkout’, go to the login box in the top right corner of the screen, which should now display your name and info. Click “items in your cart” to view everything you have pending. Here you can review your order, add additional copies of a certain title if necessary, or delete things you no longer want. Once your order is complete, click ‘go to checkout’.
- The checkout screen will ask you to choose a pickup option (please note that if you wish to have your books shipped to you, additional charges will apply), a PO# if necessary (primarily used by schools and institutions), and any other questions or requests you may have. When yo u are ready, click “next”. A last review of your order and info will appear. If everything is correct, click “submit order now”. Your order will be sent to us, and we will confirm your details as soon as possible.
Tips on ordering through BookManager:
- This program lists all the new titles that we have in stock, as well as the 7 million titles in print in both Canada and the US, and includes distributors for many UK publishers.
- Prices for a title may be quoted in US dollars if no Canadian publisher exists. We will confirm the Canadian price with you before processing your order.
- Sometimes you may see “check availability” beside the quoted price of a title. This means that we need to confirm with the publisher that there is stock in inventory. In these cases, we will either email or phone you to confirm that the book is available before we process your order.
- For some titles, you will see “In Stock” written in green beside the listing, usually under the picture. This means that the book is currently on our shelves. You may still submit your order online in the same way. We will then pull the title and put it on hold for you.
- If you put in an order, we will always respond via phone or email confirming the availability, canadian price, and length of time it will take to get the book in (usually between 3 and 14 business days, depending on where it is being shipped from). We ask that you in turn confirm that these details work for you. Then we will submit your order.
If you experience difficulties at any stage of the ordering process, feel free to phone or email us for help during regular business hours.
Hemingway’s New & Used Books
33765 Essendene Ave