We carry thousands of used records in most music categories and we are adding lots more every week. Sadly, you can’t browse used vinyl titles on our inventory since these older items lack bar codes. But we are working on a new cataloguing system that will let our customers browse all our used vinyl one day.
Our new and used vinyl is located downstairs on the lower level. It shares the same floor as our non-fiction book categories.
We post all new collections as they come in. You can check back regularly to our website for updates or you can follow us on facebook and instragram and receive all posts the minute we send them.
We also take names and put records on hold. You can be the first in line for notification of the arrival of any particular album. You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store (604) 855-1894 to give us your record “wants”.
Records to Sell??
If you are looking to downsize your own record collection, we do buy vinyl! We pay you 35% of what we will price the records at, and our price is dependent on the condition the items are in and the scarcity/demand for the music. WE DO NOT TAKE EVERYTHING! We have limited space, so we only buy what we need. If you bring in a collection, we will buy what we need and you can take back the rest: we do not accept donations.
Records we DO want:
- Classic rock and pop from big name bands and artists: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Tom Waits, Heart, Simon & Garfunkel, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, Prince, Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Boston… the list goes on and on!
- Hard rock/Metal: AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Guns ‘n’ Roses, Kiss, Black Sabbath, etc.
- Punk, both new and old. The Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, etc.
- Blues/Soul/R’n’B: Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles, J. J. Cale, Stevie Wonder, B. B. King, Etta James, etc.
- Contemporary bands: Artists are issuing vinyl once again, so pressings from the last decade across all genres. Adele, Bieber, Lana del Rey, Kendrick Lamar, etc.
- Some Jazz: Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Edith Piaf, etc. **Some jazz is sought after, much of it isn’t: if you’ve got a lot, feel free to contact us and we can give you a clearer breakdown!
- Soundtracks to popular films, or Broadway/theatre soundtracks with the original cast recordings: Grease, Ghostbusters, Sound of Music, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Phantom of the Opera, Disney stuff, etc.
- Rap/Hip-Hop: We’ll check out anything you’ve got!
- This list is by no means complete: we can’t list everything we want, and we are always on the hunt for new additions and uncommon artists, bands, and genres to add to our collection! If you’re not sure about what you’ve got, just call or send an email!
Records we DON’T want:
- Old country music. With the exception of Johnny Cash and some Willie Nelson, we take very little country! Same goes for folk music.
- Classical. There are definitely exceptions, and we do buy some classical, but extremely selectively. If you’ve got a lot of classical records, please know that we usually pass on about 90% or more of what we see.
- Christian/choir music: Again there will be exceptions, but for the most part we don’t take religious and choral music.
A note on 45s: Generally if you have 45s by artists in the “Records we Do Want” section, they are worth bringing in.
Please note that the condition of your records is important! We will not buy anything that is heavily scratched or warped, and we will not buy albums that do not have the sleeves. Each album will be individually assessed for condition.
BRAND NEW VINYL
March 17, 2016
Howdy! We recently receiv
August 14, 2015
Hey everyone! We have jus
HUGE BERRY BEAT FESTIVAL SALE
June 30, 2015
The annual Berry Beat Fes
Hot New Vinyl Just In!
June 1, 2015
Just in this weekend, a l
HUGE COLLECTION OF NEW VINYL HAS ARRIVED!
May 3, 2015
With our growing collecti