Hemingway’s is happy to be open for shopping, but because of these uncertain times we are asking people to note the following:
- We are open 7 days a week, 10:30-6:00
- All staff will be wearing masks, and we are asking customers to do the same.
- We’ve made some changes in store to ensure employee safety and promote social distancing, so certain sections have been moved.
- Our store credit policy has changed. While we are allowing customers who have existing credit on file to continue to use what they have, we will no longer be offering any more credit options for book trades. All items will be purchased in cash.
- If you are bringing items in to sell: please limit yourself to two bags or two small boxes, unless you call ahead to arrange a larger amount.
- Our complete book catalogue and many of our records are browsable online. For records please visit http://www.discogs.com/
seller/hemingways/profile and for books, click on the blue “Browse” button on the left of the screen. This will take you to our inventory, which is updated nightly. Feel free to submit orders online and we can have your items set aside, ready for pickup.
- If you are bringing items in to sell: please limit yourself to two bags or small boxes per household. We ask that you wait in the store while we go through them.
Please obey the posted signage, don’t come into the store if you feel at all unwell, wear a mask, and respect social distancing guidelines!
To browse a limited, but ever-growing, selection of our vinyl, visit our Discogs seller page at www.discogs.com/seller/hemingways/profile .
Welcome to Hemingway’s New & Used Books AND Records!
We are one of Western Canada’s largest bookstores for quality new and used books as well as out-of-print and antiquarian books with nearly 8,000 square feet of retail and online inventory. We are located in the heart of historic downtown Abbotsford, British Columbia. If you want to visit us, our “How to Find Us” link gives you a printable map of our location. To phone or email us, click the “Contact Us” button at the top of the page.
Recently we added vinyl records, and the collection grows daily. We have newly pressed vinyl from all of your favourite artists, as well as originals dating back for decades, from every genre.
Our new and used book collection currently contains nearly 200,000 titles. We cover over 100 categories including: undergraduate level literature, history, philosophy and military history; children’s literature (both contemporary and vintage); Canadiana, particularly Western Canada and 1st Nations History; Science Fiction and Fantasy; dozens of self-help subject areas, metaphysical and religious subjects; art, photography, crafts;gardening, do-it-yourself, automotive, woodworking; plus a host of non-fiction subjects ranging from biography and true crime to sports and music.
Have books sitting in boxes or lying ignored on shelves? Check our “Books To Sell?” or “Top Books We Need” links for more information and an updated list of books we need in our store. There are thousands of titles on our lists, so there’s a great chance you have something of value.
We pay 25%-35% of our resale value in cash for many items. Check our lists and give us a call.
We also offer a 10% discount to all students with valid ID cards!